33 Ely Place is the freehold London headquarters of The Estates and Agency Group. Constructed in 1772 on land previously occupied for centuries by The Bishopric of Ely. Ely Place was the site of the Palace of the Bishop of Ely and indeed is mentioned in Shakespeare’s Richard II.
This private road is an oasis of peace, traffic-free in the commercial heart of London. The Regency architecture of the building, and indeed the road, is well preserved. The street is also home to St Etheldreda’s Church – built in the 13th Century. As such, it is one of London’s oldest buildings.